Saturday, January 24, 2015

Orenmanieyo a.k.a. Long time no see

Hey there!

Orenmanieyo!  ("Long time no see" in Korean)

In actuality, I had no idea that it had been months since my last post on here. In my head I have been connected to you wonder folks, but in actuality I have been MIA. Well, I am happy to report that I am still in my creative lab thinking and creating. I have visions of 2015 that involve alot of my creative juices being utilized in a multitude of ways.

Like I got a sewing machine as a gift from my sweety pie for Christmas. Finally, I have a sewing machine. The last time I owned a sewing machine was when I was in elementary school. It was a pastel yellow and absolutely adorable. But this is one is for grown folks and I am loving it. So, yeah, I am making sewing a part of my repertoire. I have made one clutch so far. It isn't perfect but I love it. I look forward to designing more.




I've also been painting. Now, let me confess that I like painting, but I am so freaked out about sharing. Reason is that I criticize, criticize, criticize about my lack of formal training. So when it comes to painting, I used to keep my paintings low-key. Not anymore. I love seeing paint on paper and canvas and whatever surface is available. It doesn't have to be for everyone. I am happy with the way creativity is expressing through me. Can you say DIVINE IMPRINT? I did some mark making at the beginning of January and have painted some earrings as well.






Furthermore, I have been working with a wonderful artist collective and we are preparing for our next Women Arts Festival. Can you say AMAZING? So, if you happen to be a woman-identified artist and would like to showcase your talents, I say go an apply for the 6th Annual Isis Women Arts Festival. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2015.  It is located in Seattle but I still encourage you. You can learn more about it here.

Let's see. What else? I am finally on Instagram. I am addicted to it just like soft crushed ice. It is just so fascinating to see so much awesome goodness in one spot. Hashtag this and hashtag that. I think this has also been a reason for my disappearing act on the blog. Oops. I apologize. :-(  I realize that though I can be a wordsmith, I really prefer images and brief moment of extraordinary connection. If you have an Instagram account, let's connect there as well. 

When it comes down to the "bizness", I am reworking and refocusing. So, I don't have much to share on that end. I just ask for clarity and direction for this year and that more amazingness comes for me to share with you. So, that's about it for now. What have you been up to lately?

Until next time, take care.








No comments:

Post a Comment