Monday, August 4, 2014

Make It in Design Summer School and a Whole Heap of More



Hey Lovelies, 

It’s been a minute since I connected with you, so I wanted to touch bases and play a little catchup. Have You Loved Yourself Today wrapped up nicely and I am mightily blessed and grateful to have been given that opportunity to share love and receive it in the process. An entire month of loving on yourself goes by fast. You can’t beat that. Well, yes you can if you do it every day. It was synchronous again as I was pouring forth messages about self-love, I was receiving daily messages as well that advised me to nourish myself and pay attention to my wants. Universe, I am listening. I hear you loud and clear. I took an amazing trip to Leavenworth and Soap Lake in Washington but that gorgeous amazing experience will be saved for a different post. You gotta see the pics. But I digressed. 

Last week I did work that simply wasn't my cup of tea. That meant I had to kick the self-love and care into high gear in the form of sleep. And it was definitely needed. (Little confession here: I don’t like standing in place for eight hours without real social interaction. It is exhausting. Lesson learned.) Can I say I am grateful for a bed and blanket even in this summer heat? Have you been taking naps lately? If not, I highly recommend you schedule one ASAP. 

Anywho, after a week of doing non-creative work and almost going insane from the monotony, I am happy to be back in the studio creating. Designs are in full swing as the Make It in Design Summer School kicked off last week. I happened to mention the Make It in Design Summer School some time ago. If you happened to miss that post, you can learn more about the e-course over here. My wanna be over achiever self had the audacity to register for all levels of the course. What in the world was I thinking? After the initial shock of all that was required for each brief, I got my bearings in order and am now having fun like no one’s business. Party over here! Yay! Design is in my bones and I am happy to be learning from the course. I look forward to the process and the outcome. Stay tuned as I share my insights as I partake in the course. 

So for now, I bid you “Ahnyong” (Informal version of “Goodbye” in Korean). Until next time, have a beautifully designed day. 

 Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment