Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goodies to Share

Good day everyone!

It's the middle of January and I hope everyone is off to a great start in the new year. I finally made it over to Elon for the Annual Small Works Invitational and I'm here to share the goods.  First off, it was an adventure trying to find the school. I think Google Maps left off a couple of streets so we were turning here and there and there and there.



When we finally arrived to the gallery (which is also the Art Department), we knew the location of the exhibition but the doors were locked to the actual exhibition space. Finally, we located a faculty member who didn't have access to the gallery and thus he informed us to grab lunch. That's what we did! By that time, the chair of the department would be informed of our request for entry.  And we returned to see the gallery doors opened, someone at the front desk, and we were off to see the lovely works.




This is the handbill for the exhibition.




Mine is top center. It's called "Up Close and Personal".
I was glad to share one of my fractal creations.

Here's a close-up. I didn't have a frame at the time. Now I wish I did.

This is my second piece "In Solitude" (8x10Acrylic on Canvas ).


Standing with pride next to the lovely. CHEESE!



I forgot to get a shot by "Up Close and Personal". Had to retrace steps.

The trip overall was amazing. It was such a wonderful feeling to see something you've laid hands on to be up for the world to see. I'm certainly inspired to keep moving and creating. What has been inspiring you lately to create?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! "Up Close and Personal" appears as a beautiful energy flower to me. I really like it. As you've already noted, a mat and frame would make a better presentation. "In Solitude" is quiet, peaceful. - You look so happy. Art exhibits are great for boosting our spirits and inspiring us to continue making art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Chewy! Thanks. I really was happy seeing the exhibit. I'm smiling now. And yes, I will be keeping mats and frames handy for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful, simply beautiful.
    A very nice exhibition to be shown, by the look of that,
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liu! Thanks! I think I'll continue to participate in this exhibition. It's just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete