Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Creating Beyond Comfort

Hi lovelies,

I have been in a designing frenzy for the last few weeks with Make It in Design Summer School. We received our last briefs and all I can say is Say What?! Each brief regardless of level has been a challenge and taken me way beyond what I thought I was capable of creating. I mean seriously. When I began designing patterns, I was sticking to my handy dandy yet exquisite fractal creations. Yet, I haven't been eager to automatically include fractals into my works for summer school. I am looking at other options first. I guess you can call that growth. Now in the last stretch, I am being pushed even further and it's uncomfortable but it's also pretty darn cool. As I have been crafting ideas for the Beginner Level brief which is focused on jewels, I am starting from nothing but turning out some awesomeness. What it all boils down to is this: You never know what you can do until you do it. From a doubter of all doubters I proved myself wrong. While I am still learning so much and have a lot more to cover about surface design, I am proud of each step I make. I am happy to step and create beyond my comfortable medium or perspective. And just to show you what I'm talking about, here are snapshots of the patterns I've created thus far for MIID.



First Brief for the Beginner Level: Tropical Paradise Theme


First Brief for the Intermediate Level: Retro Geometrics Theme


First Brief for Advanced Level: Water Rays Theme


And yes my very first swimwear mockup. 


Second Brief for Beginner Level: Tribal Shapes Theme

Second Brief for the Intermediate Level: Animal Print Theme.
(I am not one that really knows about animal print. It's called Growth I tell you.)

Here is the animal print on a tote bag. Now available for purchase at my Society6 shop.


Second Brief for Advanced Level: Tribal Collage Theme. I did that! :-)


First ever mockup on boxes. Whoa!


That's it for now folks. I will post again with the last brief designs soon so stay tuned. Oh and I think you should also see the other great designs from MIID students. Go here for more goodness. Thanks for checking and seeing what I'm up to. I'm always looking to here how you are creating in the world. Feel free to share in the comments section. Take care and until next time, have a beautifully designed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment