Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Going Within: An Internal Means of Self-Care



The Declaration of You will be published by North Light Craft Books this summer, with readers getting all the permission they've craved to step passionately into their lives, discover how they and their gifts are unique and uncover what they are meant to do! This post is part of The Declaration of You's BlogLovin' Tour, which I'm thrilled to participate in alongside over 100 other creative bloggers. Learn more -- and join us! -- by clicking here.


As I contemplated the topic of self-care, many ideas came up regarding the physical activities I partake in to care for myself. I do the regular dates with my honey bun, have artist's dates, laugh often, say “no” when necessary, eat healthier as much as possible, and chill among other things. Yet, there is also an aspect of self-care that is quite spiritual. Part of caring for myself is checking in. In moments of silence and deep breath, I go within to see clearly what's going on or what is in need of attention. Soon after, I journal any notions or insights that were revealed.

Here is one of such entries:

In this space I am free. Breath. Surrender. Connection. In alignment with my good. I know who I am. A headache is present. It shall subside. There is still peace. I am prosperous. I will put no judgments on my work. I will just let the hands go and allow my heart to say “Yes” in divine timing. I have been an over thinker. This was a benefit and a disadvantage – a dual-edged sword. I have no more feelings about it. I simply recognize what was a part of my existence. Let my ideas flow. It is easy for me to bring my visions into form. What I see in my head can be put to paper, canvas, and other substrates. I am an artist. I claim my truth. I am a prosperous artist. I live and thrive in this knowing and acceptance. I have insight. These are gifts as well.


The soul conversations I have are powerful. When I allow the circumstances and ego to steer the course, it can sometimes be life-draining. Going within to that space of silence and connection with the Divine is what refuels me. The nuggets of wisdom that spring forth are healing. This is my most cherished example of self-care.

No comments:

Post a Comment